Just the other day I was laying in my room watching ESPN and I came across them talking about horse racing and I am not a big fan of Horse racing but I really wanted to see what they were talking about, so I turned the volume up and watched it. They believe that the horses are sometimes treated like garbage and some of the racers make their "vets" give their horses sterioids and other things like that. But what I don't get is why give those poor innocent horses those things, because they only weaken the animal rather than make them bigger and faster.
That is one thing I cannot stand is animal abuse and to hear about this made me mad and hate horse racing even more. I mean animals are like humans they need to be taken care of and treated with respect. They cannot just be thrown in the corner and laughed at, or they will become angry and not want to do anything, just like humans.
I hope that racers and other athletes that have to use animals will think about what they really are doing because they are putting harm to the animal as well as their careers. A racer that gets caught harming a horse with steroids and other things can be suspended and fined lots of money. Which would then get them a bad name and ruin their name. This would then cause a huge drop in their career.
If you love animals and want to keep them safe in sports just leave a comment
:( They way horses are treated in racing makes me very sad. They are shot if they break a leg and in front of everyone at the race track! It's ridiculous. Then they are sent off to be made into dog food. :( SOOOO SAD.
ReplyDeleteFor all the people who mistreat their animals, though, there are tons owners and trainers that take better care of their horses than they do themselves. These people know that the horse is their livelihood and that they have to treat it right to keep that income. Many horses love to run and taking that away from them makes them sad. They won't eat and will literally look depressed until they're given the opportunity to run again. I agree that the thoroughbred racing industry needs to change, but there ARE people out there doing right by their horses now.
ReplyDeletethe horses are just a way for humans to be lazy, the humans are using very little physical activity..and WAAAAAAY less physical activity then the horses. Why is it even called a sport? Maybe, a sport for animals...but not a sport for humans. It's dumb.
ReplyDeleteYeah its pretty dumb animals are awesome why abuse them for not reason.
ReplyDeletetyler v. can take care of those injured race horses after he goes to dacc to become a vet
ReplyDelete